Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Yarn Along - The Lonely Tree Shawl


So far, this Yarn Along thing is super great. I feel a little extra kick in my knitting everyday. My thinking being along the lines of "Hey, I don't want to be working on this same project next Yarn Along, I had better hurry this knitting up a wee bit." And then there's the fun of taking pretty pictures when you've finished something! Papa was kind enough to bear with my fiddling with manual settings before and after each picture he took of me with the beautiful Lonely Tree Shawl.

I also finished reading The Hobbit! and have the dwarves song stuck in my head most days...
I really like wearing this shawl around my neck. It's soft and light enough to not choke a person, but warm enough to keep me warm when the wind blows chilly.

6 comments:

  1. Oh so beautiful! Love the color and the lace work. I love yarn along as well, it keeps me accountable, motivated and in an endless supply of books to read, and projects to cast on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's beautiful! I think the leafy pattern and the color of the yarn really complement each other.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the colors! Beautiful! Visiting from Yarn Along.

    Best,
    Sheila
    http://sheilazachariae.blogspot.com/2014/01/my-first-knittingcrochet-bookwell-sort.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a beautiful shawl. I love the color you chose.

    ReplyDelete