Thursday, January 23, 2014

Yarn Along - Morgy's Cowl


This lovely barn was on the way to Versailles, Kentucky. Papa and I spent most of the day Wednesday, driving down to UK's Oren Little Research Center for their annual Lambing School. I learned a lot, and gasped in horror a lot. But, it was extremely helpful and I enjoyed standing in the (literally) freezing cold barn surrounded by sheep for a few hours.
I also enjoyed the drive with Papa. It's nice to have him all to myself for a few hours to pick his brain about life and farming, and torture him with my tunes. 
He's such a great dad.
I've been reminded a couple times this week how fortunate I am to have such a loving dad. After watching Saving Mr. Banks and then Ragamuffin, I was overwhelmed with gratitude for my loving father who bears with my many weaknesses and treasures me still.


I was super busy on Wednesday, so you are getting the Yarn Along a day late. Sorry.
I finished the Lying in the Meadow Cowl designed by my friend Morgan Oesting. It's been so nice to have on the frigid cold days we've been having 'round here. Super warm and toasty. I really enjoyed making this cowl and it gave me an excuse to buy the mustard colored roving yarn that I've been drooling over...


2 comments: