Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Thankful for Wildflowers & A Life of Sacrifice




I haven't been very diligent in my writing or picture taking for that matter. We, as a family, are learning to adjust to a new way of life around these here parts. My father's aunt fell recently and needs a lot of help during her healing process. So, Aunt Ruth and Uncle Jerry have moved in our home. It's pretty fun. Sitting with tea or coffee, helping Aunt Ruth do word searches or crossword puzzles. Teasing Uncle Jerry as we do the dishes together. Watching the Reds win! 
I am very thankful to have grown up in a home where my parents taught good values. Not just the Ten Commandments-kind-of-values, but the lifestyle values that have shaped my personality and my life. The kind of values that I end up living out. Respecting your elders has been given life and new meaning to all of us this past week. Not just giving up your comfy chair, or using your most polite words. But the true respect of really loving your elders by giving up your life for them. Serving them. Loving them unconditionally. Treating them like they really matter. 
"People are what we do. People are more important," says my Papa.
and so we live.  



Thankful for life on a farm. Sweet walks around the farm gathering armfuls of wildflowers.

No comments:

Post a Comment